The annual charge has to be paid each year for any premises with a Premises Licence or Club Premises Certificate. It is payable on the first and each anniversary of the grant of the licence or certificate. It is also related to the current rateable value of the premises e.g. for a Band B premises the fee is £180.
- A: £70
- B: £180
- C: £295
- D: £320
- E: £350
In the case of a Premises Licence (not a Club Premises Certificate) where the premises falls into Band D or E and the use of the premises is exclusively or primarily for the carrying on on the premises of the supply of alcohol for consumption on the premises then the fee for Band D is doubled to £640 and the fee for Band E is tripled to £1,050.
Where the number of people that can be admitted to the licensed premises exceeds 5,000 people, additional fees on the sliding scale set out below will be applicable. This applies to all Premises Licences, regardless of whether that licence is granted for a specific period (e.g. temporary event not able to be dealt with using a Temporary Event Notice) or not.
Annual charge - additional fees
- 5,000 - 9,999 people: £500
- 10,000 - 14,999 people: £1,000
- 15,000 - 19,999 people: £2,000
- 20,000 - 29,999 people: £4,000
- 30,000 - 39,999 people: £8,000
- 40,000 - 49,999 people: £12,000
- 50,000 - 59,999 people: £16,000
- 60,000 - 69,999 people: £20,000
- 70,000 - 79,999 people: £24,000
- 80,000 - 89,999 people: £28,000
- 90,000 and over people: £32,000
For more information on annual fees, please download the annual fees leaflet.