CIL strategic infrastructure projects
We are using CIL in conjunction with infrastructure providers to deliver improvements borough-wide.
- highway schemes
- permanent school expansions
- flood works to support and enable growth
The strategic CIL funds for the council are now allocated through the Strategic Priority Programme (SPP). You can find out more in our funding statements:
Strategic spending process
The strategic CIL process is administered by the Strategic CIL Member Working Group (SCILWG), which makes recommendations to Cabinet.
The funding priorities are set each year through the following process:
- Discussions held with strategic infrastructure providers to determine the infrastructure needed, in sectors such as education, health, transport, environment, to support the growth of the borough.
- Draft Strategic Priority Programme (SPP) list created.
- The SCILWG meets in June to review the draft list and makes recommends to Cabinet on the funding priorities for the year. Cabinet finalises the SPP for the year.
- Infrastructure providers informed of the priorities (those projects of the SPP) so that relevant projects can be developed, and an application for Strategic CIL funds submitted.
- Applications reviewed in the autumn by the SCILWG for funding and their recommendation considered by Cabinet.
- Cabinet determines the amount awarded to each application.
- The SPP will be reviewed by the SCILWG, so there is the opportunity for projects to be added for consideration in future rounds based on the priorities set for that year.
For more information about the CIL strategic funding process, please contact the team: email@example.com.