CIL local projects
Each year, we allocate the local portion of CIL funds for smaller infrastructure schemes in the communities where development took place.
We have settlement area committees, known as Local Spending Boards, where local councillors decide on how local CIL funds will be allocated.
The Local Spending Boards are:
- Cobham & Downside, Oxshott & Stoke D'Abernon
- East & West Molesey
- Esher and Hersham
- Hinchley Wood & Weston Green, Long Ditton & Thames Ditton
- Oatlands & Burwood Park, Weybridge Riverside & Weybridge St George's Hill
For Claygate, the local portion of CIL funds is passed directly to the Parish Council to allocate as per the CIL regulations.
Examples of successful local CIL applications include:
- capital improvements to state schools to better enable them to meet the needs of an increasing school population
- improvements to community facilities
- footpath works
- countryside access improvements
For more information about the CIL local funding process, please contact the team by email email@example.com or on 01372 474 791.