Proof of residence and vehicle ownership
To issue a parking permit we will need to see proof of residence and vehicle ownership, you will need to provide one item from each of the lists below.
Proof of vehicle ownership, vehicle registration, the address the vehicle is registered to and your name as registered keeper.
- Vehicle Registration Document
- Motor Insurance Document (must include your address)
Proof of residence showing the address the permit will be issued for
- V5 log book
- Driving licence
- Council tax bill
- Utility bill no more than 3 months old (not mobile phone bill)
- Benefits agency statement
- Pension book
- Tenancy Agreement (not more than 3 months old and signed by you and landlord)
- Solicitor's Completion Letter (if property purchased within last 3 months)
If you upload all your correct evidence with your application before 5:30pm you can park your car the next day. Please note that we can only accept evidence in.jpg format.
If you upload all your correct evidence with your application after 5:30pm you can park your car two days later. Please note that we can only accept evidence in.jpg format.
If you cannot upload proofs or do not upload all valid proofs, they must be supplied within 7 days and you will not be able to park until you have received your permit. If these are not supplied, we will refund your payment and you will need to apply again to park.
Some residents may be able to apply for an off-peak season ticket to park in one of the town car parks.
Payment and restrictions
Surrey County Council are implementing price changes this Autumn, the date is still to be announced.
- The first permit is £80, a second permit is £100, subsequent permits are £130 each
Prices for permits covering until further notice.
- The first permit is £50, subsequent permits are £75 each.
The number of permits issued to a household is limited and will be calculated by the number of vehicles registered minus the number of off street spaces at that property.
For information on Parking Permit charges July 2022.
Terms and conditions
These Terms & Conditions are for the operation of Resident Permits, Resident Parking Places and Controlled Parking Zones.
- The Council will cancel and invalidate the Permit if it is deliberately misused, altered or defaced.
- The Permit is only valid for the vehicle registration detailed on the Permit, whilst the vehicle and resident are registered at the address provided at the time of application.
- A Penalty Charge Notice may be issued to any vehicle when parked incorrectly within the Residents' Scheme, and for the improper use of a Permit.