Who we are and what we do
What we need
Name, email address, residential address, telephone number, and any information that may help to support an appeal/request/application such as financial information, medical documentation etc.
Why we need it
- To request details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the DVLA in order to pursue a Penalty Charge Notice.
- We require contact details so that we can respond to your appeal/enquiry
- To consider your appeal fully we require information/documentation/evidence to support your grounds for the cancellation or a parking penalty.
- To consider someone’s eligibility to a permit.
- To consider a suspension or waiver request.
What we do with it
The information that you have provided will be held by the Council and will only be accessed by authorised personnel, third parties for appeals and enforcement, and with the police or security organisations to prevent or detect crime.
We will only use the information that you have provided for the purpose stated in the ‘Why we need it’ section and will not use it for any other Council purpose, unless we have your consent, or this is provided by law.
The consequence of not providing the required information means that we will not be able to consider the appeal or enquiry fully.
How long we keep it
- Your personal data will be removed 7 years after the Penalty Charge Notice has been issued.
What we would also like to do with it
- We only use this information again should we need to consider other Penalty Charge Notices, requests or applications.
What are your rights?