Apply for Housing Benefit
Most people should apply for Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit.
You can claim Housing Benefit if:
- you or your partner are of pensionable age (you may need to claim Universal Credit if you have reached pension age and your partner is of working age)
- you live in a hostel, sheltered or supported accommodation that provides you with 'care, support or supervision'
- you live in temporary accommodation arranged by our housing options team
Use our benefits calculator to check your eligibility.
To find out more, see Housing Benefit on GOV.UK.
Your online application must be completed fully. To complete your application, you will need:
- National Insurance number for you and a partner living at the address
- monthly earnings for you and your partner
- capital, savings and investments for you and your partner
- benefits, pensions, credits and allowances for both you and your partner.
Upload these when you complete your application by taking a photo of them. We will need these within 1 month from the date you submit your claim.