Environmental permits

You may need an environmental permit if you do an activity that could:

  • pollute the air, water or land

  • increase flood risk

  • adversely affect land drainage

There are three types of permit:

  • Part A (1) – regulated by the Environmental Agency
  • Part A (2) – regulated by local authorities
  • Part B – regulated by local authorities

To find out which permit you need, please check the Environment Agency website.

You can download an application form for specific activities below:

Please return completed application forms to envhealth@elmbridge.gov.uk.

Services by A-Z