Paddling pools and splash pad: summer 2021
Update 7 September:
The paddling pools in Weybridge and splash pad in Hersham are now closed, in line with the end of the school holidays.
Update 22 July: Splashing back into action
Families from around Elmbridge will be delighted to know that the Weybridge paddling pools and the Hersham splash pad will be reopening on Friday 23 July, just in time for the school holidays.
Elmbridge Borough Council has responded to the requests of its residents to reopen the pools situated at Oatlands Recreation Ground and Churchfields Recreation Ground in Weybridge and our teams have worked hard to make this happen for the many families in the borough looking forward to daytrips to the paddling pool. The splash pad at Hersham Recreation Ground, also a popular summer destination will local families, will reopen on 23 July.
The safety of our residents is our highest priority and enhanced cleaning will be a key factor of the reopening of both pools and the splash pad.
Cllr Janet Turner, Portfolio Holder for Leisure and Cultural Services is grateful to the work that has gone into reopening the paddling pools:
“We listened to our residents and our teams worked very hard to reopen both paddling pools in Weybridge and the splash pad in Hersham in time for the school summer holidays. I am very grateful for their commitment, as they have also ensured an enhanced cleaning regime will be implemented as part of the reopening.
“I hope many families from around the borough enjoy these facilities but that they are also cautious when using them in line with current Government advice on COVID.”
While COVID restrictions have eased, residents are advised to act cautiously around the pools and the splash pad, keeping their distance as much as possible and if the areas are very busy, coming back another time.
- Oatlands Recreation Ground paddling pool: 12.30 – 5.30pm each day
- Churchfields Recreation Ground paddling pool: 1.30 – 5.30pm each day
- Hersham splash pad: 9am – 7pm each day
You may be interested to know:
- The paddling pools in Weybridge in Oatlands Recreation Ground and Churchfields Recreation Ground require approximately 70,000 litres of water each day.
- We fill and empty both pools on a daily basis for the six weeks of the school holidays. We do not fill them in the rain.
- We test water quality 9 times a day
- We will start filling at 7am and emptying from 6pm.
- Each pool takes 5 hours to fill
- That’s equivalent to almost 3 million litres over the course of the summer holidays . An Olympic sized swimming pool is 2.5m litres.
Paddling pools in Elmbridge can be found at:
Churchfields Recreation Ground, Churchfield Road, Weybridge KT13 8DB
Oatlands Recreation Ground, Oatlands Drive, Weybridge KT13 9LA
The splash pad is located in Hersham Recreation Ground, Pratts Lane, KT12 4RR