Tell us about a change

On Universal Credit

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit do not let us know of any changes to your income, you must notify the DWP; they will inform us of changes which may affect council tax support.

Not on Universal Credit

You must tell us straight away if there has been a change in your circumstances or details that may alter your existing Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support entitlement.

How to tell us about your changes

If you are an existing claimant receiving benefits from us, and moving home, complete the change of address form. Do not complete a new claim form or change of circumstances form.

All other changes complete our change in circumstances form by registering or logging into your benefits account.

For Housing Benefit you have one month from the date of the change to tell us, for Council Tax Support you must tell us within 21 days.  If you delay telling us about any of these changes, you may lose money that you are entitled to or you may get too much benefit or support which you will have to repay.

It is an offence not to tell us about any change of circumstances that affects your benefit.  We may take court action against you and if we pay you too much benefit, you may have to pay it back.  if you are a landlord, please email

Council tax support discount

Find out about the evidence required for reporting a change to your existing council tax support discount.

Housing Benefit claims

Find out about the evidence required for reporting a change to your existing housing benefits claim.

Our Chief Executive has made a Direction on Electronic Communications for the benefits and support that we administer.


Services by A-Z