Care and Repair Elmbridge (CARE) privacy notice
Privacy notice for Care and Repair Elmbridge (CARE).
Who we are and what we do
Care and Repair Elmbridge (CARE) is Elmbridge Borough Council's in-house Home Improvement Agency. We provide help and assistance to Elmbridge residents to repair, improve, and adapt their homes by providing a Handyperson Scheme and helping residents and their families to apply for grant assistance.
What we need
As part of CARE's application process, Elmbridge Borough Council will collect personal data about you and your family in order to process your application.
This information will include:
- details about you, such as your address, telephone number, email address, National Insurance number, date of birth
- other relevant information required to process your claim such as financial information, health data, household composition, emergency and/or family member contacts, as well as details of the help you are requesting
Why we need it
The information you provide us will be used to:
- enable us to provide the Handyperson Service for you if needed;
- process your application for a Disabled Facilities, Minor Works, Relocation, Safe at Home, Empty Property or Energy Efficiency Grants
- refer you to other services where appropriate and with your permission
What we do with it
The information that you have provided will be held securely and will only be accessed by authorised council employees and with The Parity Trust in the case of Minor Works Grants and Empty Homes Loans.
We will not normally share your information with other organisations without your consent. However, there may be certain circumstances where we would share without consent, such as where we are required to do so by law, to safeguard public safety, and in risk of harm or emergency situations. Any information which is shared will only be shared on a need to know basis, with appropriate individuals. Only the minimum information for the purpose will be shared.
We may also like to use your data to provide us with information about other grants and similar schemes which you may be eligible for. But you do not have to give permission to receive these details, and it is not a condition of your application or eligibility for our services.
How long we keep it
We will only keep your information for the minimum period necessary:
- your personal data will be removed 3 years after the Handyperson works have been completed
- your personal data will be removed 5 years after a Minor Works or Empty Property Grant has been paid
- financial data for Disabled Facilities or Safe at Home Grants will be retained for 10 years
What are your rights?
If you have any concerns or questions about how your personal information is handled please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number.