Conservation Area Advisory Committees privacy notice

Who we are and what we do

Elmbridge Borough Council has designated conservation areas within its Borough and the Heritage team has responsibilities for identifying new areas and managing existing ones. The Heritage team support and appoint new members to its Conservation Area Advisory Committees (CAACs) on a fixed term basis.

You can view our corporate privacy notice.

What we need

We collect and store your contact details including your name, address, telephone number, email address and occupation and make sure they are accurate and up to date.

Why we need it

We collect your contact details so that we can get in touch with you and hear your views regarding conservation area issues.  These include local area consultations, enhancement schemes and helping to formulate policies for the preservation and improvement of conservation areas.

What we do with it and how it will be shared

Any information that you provide to us in your role as a member of a Conservation Area Advisory Committee will be held by the Council and will only be accessed by authorised Council employees.

We will only use the information that you have provided for the purpose stated in the ‘Why we need it’ section above and will not use it for any other Council purpose, unless we have your consent, or this is provided by law.

We may ask you separately for your permission to provide you with information about other Council services, and if you agree, how you would like to receive that information. But you do not have to give your permission to receive these details, and it is not a condition of your membership.

How long do we keep it

Your personal data will be held on our database until you inform us that you are no longer a member of the CAAC or until we cannot contact you anymore. If you wish to be taken off our database please email your request to

How to contact us

If you have any questions about our privacy notice or information we hold about you, please contact the Data Protection Officer at

For independent advice, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

Services by A-Z