The Elmbridge Design Code is a set of simple, concise, design requirements which set principles for new development in an area. It will support the implementation of the existing Local Plan policies relating to design matters.
We have been engaging with residents since the initial stages of preparation of the Design Code in January 2022. Its creation and content have been informed by discussions with our community.
Starting on 2 October there will be a 5-week residents’ consultation to support the final version of the Elmbridge Design Code.
We will engage with residents via the following communications channels:
- Our planning database: Residents, businesses, construction firms, architects, and developers who are sign up to receive planning updates.
- Commonplace: This online engagement platform has been used through the Design Code engagement process and will be updated for the October engagement. It will include the Draft Elmbridge Design Code and the questionnaire.
- Drop-ins at the Civic Centre in Esher: To further support those seeking face-to-face responses to their questions before they complete the consultation survey, the Elmbridge Planning team will make themselves available for two drop-in sessions at the Civic Centre in Esher. These will take place on Monday 9 October (16.00 -18.30) and on Tuesday 10 October (13.00 – 15.00). There is no need to book your place, just come along.
- Elmbridge Borough Council website
- Elmbridge News email sent directly to those residents who have signed up. Sign up today.
- Social media: Facebook, Instagram, X (formerly Twitter), LinkedIn and Nextdoor.
Look out for the consultation going live on Monday 2 October.
For more information, please see: