Gambling fees

The Gambling Act 2005 introduced changes to the UK's gambling industry. The Gambling Commission is responsible for personal and operating licences and each Licensing Authority (Elmbridge Borough Council for this area) is responsible for all matters concerning premises licences and permits for gaming machines.

The Government has set the maximum fee that can be charged by Councils for licence applications and, as allowed by the legislation, we have set our own fees.

Fees are charged according to the type of premises and the type of application made:

  • transitional application (fast track and non-fast track)

  • new licence

  • annual fee

  • application to vary a licence

  • application to transfer a licence

  • application for re-instatement of licence

  • provisional statement application

  • copy of licence

  • notification of change of circumstance

Premises licence fees

Gambling and lottery fees

Payment for services will be accepted by credit/debit card (over the phone or in person) online credit/debit.

Services by A-Z