Free open play sessions:
Where and when:
- Tuesday 27 July and 24 August at Coronation recreation ground, 195 Molesey Road, Hersham KT12 4QY
- Thursday 29 July and 26 August at Elm Grove recreation ground, Highfield Road, Walton-on-Thames KT12 2RQ
- Drop in between 10am and 1pm
- Activities suitable for all ages, free access to age 8 and above. Under 8’s must be accompanied by an adult.
Activities in detail:
- Play zone: stilts, skittles, steppingstones, spinning pods, French skipping, throwing target game, hoops, quoits, Duplo/Lego
- Arts and crafts: pasta necklaces, dream catchers, paper pizza plates, colour-in bracelets, make a puppet, big painting
- Giant Games: Jenga, snakes and ladders, dominoes, parachute
- Sports – tennis and ball games
- Museum learning activities
- Orienteering challenge courses (further information below)
- Sand play and story time (for younger siblings)
While these events will take place in COVID-safe conditions, we remind everyone to be cautious and continue to act carefully to keep yourself and others safe. Thank you.
Orienteering challenge courses
Have a go during Love Your Parks Week 23 July to 1 August
Coronation recreation ground, Hersham and Elmgrove recreation ground, Walton-on-Thames
How to take part:
- Download your recreation map and answer sheets
Coronation map - challenge 1: red course and yellow cards: modes of transport / challenge 2: blue course and black cards: science
- Elm Grove map - challenge 1: red course and purple cards: professions / challenge 2: blue course and green cards: animals
- Answer sheets
- Head off to the park
- Explore the park
- Find the markers
- Complete the challenge
- Have fun!
- Email email@example.com to get the answers
Holiday camps for children aged 5 to 11 years
26 July - 27 August 2021
Xcel Leisure Complex, Waterside Drive, Walton-on-Thames KT12 2JG
We have joined forces with Places Leisure and Premier Education to provide this camp. Premier Education is dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of children through active learning. They deliver sports, arts and wellbeing courses to around 240,000 primary school children every year.
Book through the Premier Education online booking system.
Club4 holiday activities and food programme
An exclusive offer for children and young people who are eligible for free school meals. Surrey County Council and Active Surrey have teamed up with local holiday camp providers and sports clubs to bring you 'Club4'.
Club4 is operating at the Xcel Leisure Complex and at other venues around the borough this summer.
More information on the programme and other local holiday activity/camp providers is available on the Club4 website. Please contact your school to find out how you can take part in Club4 this summer.
Shout! free stay and play events
October half term
As part of our Play Development Strategy we will be offering free stay and play events in different venues around the borough from October half term.
Dates and venues will be shared here when available. You can also follow the Shout! Facebook page for the latest information.
Our vision for play
The 2021-2026 Play Development Strategy is our vision for play in Elmbridge. It includes the Street Play initiative. We will keep you updated on any future developments.
Get in touch
- Follow us on Facebook
Don't forget to follow us on Shout! Facebook to find out about future children and family fun activities. Free events are updated on a regular basis.
- Join the Shout! mailing list
- Subscribe to Shout! mailing to receive information on holiday activities
- Contact Shout!
Call: 01372 474474
Procedures, policies and safeguarding children
Elmbridge Borough Council and Shout! are totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of the children and young people that attend our sessions.
Our staff receive safeguarding training in line with the Surrey Safeguarding Children Board training for people working with children and young people. Shout! takes its obligations very seriously to report any concerns to the appropriate agency.
All staff and officers strictly adhere to the Elmbridge safeguarding children policy.
If you are looking for a specific document, please download them below:
Privacy and General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Working for Shout!
Are you looking for fun and flexible extra work? We are recruiting for Shout! Holiday Activities which are held during the school holidays. We look forward to receiving your application.
If you are over 17, lively, confident and have experience working with children then this is the job for you.
For information, the person specification and job description and job application are available.