We are proud to welcome you to Elmbridge.
The government has recently announced an extension to all Ukraine visa schemes. Three months before your visa expires you will be able to apply for an 18 month visa extension. When this scheme goes live we will offer assistance through our partner organisation, Elmbridge CAN, to go through the process.
Aside from this, there are many other support services that are available in the area:
- for information on how to register with health services, schools, access to benefits, and much more see GOV.UK: Homes for Ukraine - guidance for guests
- guests who have arrived under the Homes for Ukraine scheme within Surrey are entitled to a free bus pass for a chosen route until 31 March 2024 - those arriving after this time will be entitled to a free bus pass for 3 months after the date of their arrival, see Surrey County Council: Homes for Ukraine temporary bus pass scheme
- our partner organisation Elmbridge CAN runs drop in workshops several times a week around Elmbridge and the surrounding areas - they run English classes, offer advice on support in the area, and have a range of social events for guests
- free online English language and employability training course for all Homes for Ukraine guests, see World Jewish Relief: STEP English language and employment programme
- Barnardo’s Ukrainian support helpline for those fleeing the conflict in Ukraine where you can speak to someone in Ukrainian or Russian
If you are looking to move out from your sponsor's home, we can support you through our Rent Support Scheme by funding the deposit and first month’s rent of your new property.
We can also assist with furniture for your new property if it is unfurnished. If all tenants in a property are Homes for Ukraine visa holders, you will also be entitled to a 50% reduction in your Council Tax bill. Please speak to us for more details on eligibility for the scheme at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been asked to leave your sponsor's home or are facing homelessness, please contact us to discuss your situation and how we might be able to help, email email@example.com.