Housing and homelessness strategy for Elmbridge 2015-2019
Our housing and homelessness strategy sets out the housing challenges facing the borough over the coming years and our plans to deal with them, working with partner organisations like housing associations, charities and other public sector agencies.
The strategy has five priorities, to:
- work with partners to deliver more affordable housing and make best use of social housing stock
- improve housing conditions in all tenures to ensure a safe, healthy and energy efficient housing stock and explore and develop new models of working to make greater use of the private rented sector to meet local need
- support older, disabled and vulnerable residents to live, safe, healthy and independent lives
- respond and wherever prevent homelessness amongst single people and families
- prepare for Universal Credit and provide a high-quality benefit service
Tenancy Strategy 2012-15
By law, we are required to adopt and publish a Tenancy Strategy. This provides guidance to housing associations operating in the borough of our expectations for the kinds of tenancy they grant and the circumstances in which they should grant a tenancy of a particular kind or renew tenancies when any fixed-term tenancy comes to an end.
For more information on these and other housing policies, please contact us.
Other useful documents
Housing Allocations Policy