If you own a home in Elmbridge which has been empty for 12 months or more, we may be able to provide you with financial help to carry out improvements and repairs and bring the property back into use.
Terms and conditions apply, but work that could be eligible for funding includes:
- damp-proofing or electrical rewiring (or other work that makes the property healthy and safe for future occupants)
- works that bring the property up to the Decent Homes Standards, such as the installation of a new kitchen or bathroom
- energy efficiency works – such as the installation of double-glazing or loft insulation
Grants and loans
Subject to funding, we can offer either a grant or a loan to owners of empty homes to help bring them back into use:
- Empty homes grants of up to £5,000
One condition for the award of any grant is that the property must be let, for at least a year, to a tenant that we introduce or another agency nominates
- Empty homes loans of up to £30,000
These loans would be provided by the Parity Trust, in partnership with us. The loan is for a term of three years and can be repaid early without penalty
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.