Care and Repair Elmbridge (CARE)

What CARE does

Care and Repair Elmbridge (CARE) is a home improvement agency run by the Council. If you are an owner-occupier or private tenant on a low income, or aged 70 or over or disabled, who needs to repair, improve or adapt your home, then we may be able to help you.

  • CARE provides free information and advice on claiming benefits, energy efficiency and home security.

  • advice on what type of repair, improvement or adaptation is needed and we can help you apply for financial assistance for home repairs or improvement to pay for the works.

  • provides a project management service, from the design and planning stage, through to recommending contractors and organising and overseeing the work to make sure the work is being carried out to a good standard.

If the work is eligible for a council grant, then our fee of 15% can be included in the grant and would cost you nothing.  If you pay for the works privately, our fees are 12.5% of the costs of the works.

CARE also offers a handyperson service to carry out minor repair jobs in and around the home.

CARE does not provide personal care to residents but does offers a range of other services.

For more information, email or telephone 01372 474645.

CARE privacy policy

This privacy policy explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.

Services by A-Z