Noise Code: complaint management
Excellence in noise complaint management is the second key principle of the Noise Code.
By following the best practice guide, your business is less likely to receive a complaint. However, if you do receive a noise complaint, you are encouraged to act on feedback from the local community in a positive and professional manner.
Larger businesses may already have procedures in place that they wish their staff to follow when dealing with complaints. This complaint guide is not intended to replace this, but to strengthen any procedure if necessary.
General points to consider:
- noise can be an emotive subject - try to keep calm and move away from confrontational approaches
- take responsibility for the complaint
- carry out your own investigation
- keep response times reasonable and proportionate
- have a simple but written procedure to guide your staff