Dial-a-Ride journeys resuming
Due to current government restrictions to help control the COVID-19 outbreak, our Community Transport Services have been suspended during lockdown.
However, we remain committed to supporting those who rely on our services to get out and about, and are looking to resume our Dial-a-Ride service from 17 August.
Up to two passengers from the same household will be able to book a journey to attend hair appointments, go on shopping trips or visit friends and family.
Please note that due to social distancing guidelines, we are only able to take passengers who are able to enter and exit the bus unaided at present.
We have put in place a range of processes and procedures to make journeys safe for all our passengers.
- Dial-a-Ride journeys will need to be booked in advance with the Community Transport Team as before. You will be asked to complete a health questionnaire with a member of the team prior to confirming your booking.
- Upon arrival, your Dial-a-Ride driver will go through the questionnaire again to ensure it is safe for you to travel. Passengers' temperatures will also be checked prior to the journey.
- All passengers must wear face masks or coverings for the duration of their journey.
- You will be asked to use the provided hand sanitiser before entering the bus.
- Please limit the number of personal possessions you bring with you. If possible avoid bringing bags and coats (if weather permits).
- Payment must be made before the start of the journey. Exact payment must be made either by cash or cheque (made payable to Elmbridge Borough Council) and given to the driver in a seal envelope prior to boarding.
- Social distancing measures including 2 metre distancing will be followed, and drivers will be wearing full PPE for the duration of the journey.
For more information or to book a Dial-a-Ride journey, please call 01372 474 944 or email email@example.com.
For updates on the status of all Council services, please see our coronavirus (COVID-19) webpage.
We provide a door-to-door transport service using specially adapted vehicles for people of any age with limited mobility, who are unable to use conventional public transport, and are resident in Elmbridge. The service operates in and around the borough, and is subject to availability.
Use of Dial-a-Ride requires membership of the Community Transport Scheme. For just £17 a year you can access our whole range of services, including our Community Cab and door-to-door transport to our Centres for the Community.
Please note that the Dial-a-Ride service cannot offer transport to hospital or doctors' appointments.
For a single journey the charges are (return journey is double the cost)
- up to three miles - £4.80
- up to five miles - £5.80
- up to ten miles - £8.80
Our buses operate between 08.30 and 16:30, Monday - Friday and bookings are accepted up to two weeks in advance on a first-come, first-served basis.
We organise weekly shopping trips at £5 per trip to these locations
We can also offer a companion service for those who need extra help on the shopping trips.
For more information or to book your journey please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01372 474944.