Dial-a-ride journeys are tailored to your individual request, we can take you to see friends, GP or medical appointments, shopping and any other related services or events across the borough.
Our drivers are fully vaccinated and wear PPE while travelling. All buses are cleaned between journeys to ensure your safety.
We’ve put in place a range of measures to help keep you safe while travelling with us:
- Dial-a-Ride journeys need to be booked in advance with the Community Transport Team and you will be asked to fill in a screening form for your safety.
- Upon arrival your driver will take your temperature and ask a few further questions to ensure you are safe to travel.
- All passengers must wear a face mask for the duration of the journey
- You will be asked to use the provided hand sanitiser before entering the bus.
- Payment must be made before the start of the journey. Exact payment must be made either by cash or cheque payable to ‘Elmbridge Borough Council’ and given to the driver in a sealed envelope.
- A 1-metre distancing rule will be followed by staff and passengers whilst using the service.
Listed below are destinations and prices for our shopping trips to various venues across the borough. The 1-metre social distancing rule currently limits our capacity for each journey, but we will continue to review and update this page with any further changes. All other safety procedures also apply to our shopping trips.
For more information or to book a journey, call 01372 474 944 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dial-a-Ride is a door-to-door transport service just for you, using specially adapted vehicles for people of any age with limited mobility who are unable to use conventional public transport, and are residents of Elmbridge. We can provide transport to services and events across the borough, from GP and medical appointments, to shopping trips and visiting family and friends.
For more information or to book your journey, call 01372 474 944 or email email@example.com. Lines are open 8am-4pm Monday to Friday.
How much does it cost to Dial-a-Ride?
Use of the Dial-a-Ride service requires membership of the Community Transport scheme. For just £20 a year you can access our full range of services including Dial-a-Ride, shopping trips and door-to-door transport to our Centres for the Community.
Single journeys are then charged as follows (return journey is double the cost):
- up to three miles - £6.40
- up to five miles - £7.40
- up to ten miles - £10
Our buses operate between 8.30am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday. Bookings are accepted up to two weeks in advance on a first come, first served basis so please give as much notice as possible when planning your trip.
Our friendly and fun door-to-door shopping trips cost just £6 for a return trip and travel to the following venues across Elmbridge:
Use of the service requires membership of the Community Transport Scheme which allows you access to our full range of transport options from Dial-a-Ride and transport to our Centres for the Community.
For more information or to book your journey contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01372 474 944.