The Mayor of Elmbridge Trust Fund is a charity that provides funding to assist residents, especially young people, who are in need and to provide for the victims of natural or manmade disasters.
The fund also incorporates the Miss W M E Harrison charity. Miss W M E Harrison left a sum of money to be used for the benefit of older people in the Elmbridge, and for educational expenses for young people under the age of 25.
Who can apply?
Anyone who lives in Elmbridge who is in need, or someone applying on their behalf.
We cannot accept applications for someone outside Elmbridge.
The charity fund may provide funding for:
- necessary furniture and household items/services, eg beds, washing machines, fridges, rugs etc.
- necessary educational expenses, eg school uniforms
- a contribution towards necessary disability equipment etc, where it is not met by the NHS
The charity does not usually provide funding for:
- paying off debts/loans/utility bills
- grants to groups or organisations
- furniture/household items that are not necessities
- school/youth organisation trips that are not a 'need'
- applications where the applicant received a grant in the last 24 months
- fitted flooring, eg carpeting, laminate, vinyl, hardwood flooring
- a repeat application where the original item granted would reasonably be expected to have remained functional
The average grant awarded to successful applicants is approximately £200-£300.
How to apply
Please complete the application form:
Return the form by post or email.
Post it to: Mr M Clarke, Clerk to the Trustees, The Mayor's Office, Civic Centre, High Street, Surrey, KT10 9SD
Email it to: email@example.com.
The privacy statement explains the charity's compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and what we will do with your personal information.
Meetings to consider applications
The Mayor of Elmbridge Trust Fund Trustees meet at regular intervals throughout the year to consider applications for financial assistance.
Forthcoming meeting dates of the Trustees:
- Wednesday 15 March 2023 - completed application forms need to be submitted by Friday 3 March 2023
Other funding available
The Mayor of Elmbridge Trust Fund has limited resources and tries to help as many people as possible.
The Trustees encourage potential applicants to consider using the Surrey Reuse Network or other charitable shops. The Surrey Reuse Network aims to find new homes for unwanted furniture and kitchen appliances and offers a wide range of good quality items at affordable prices. The network is made up of local charities who all aim to support local communities, families in need; as well as offering training and employment opportunities.
For more information on other funding, please see Grants and funding.
The governing document for the Mayor of Elmbridge Trust Fund is The Scheme of the Charity Commissioners dated 12 November, 1998.
The Mayor of Elmbridge Trust Fund Charity Registration Number: 1077149