Home and energy costs

Information is available on your home and energy costs and support you can access. 

Heating your home

For information and signposting to organisations that can help with heating your home, energy efficiency improvements and energy saving, including financial help we can offer, go to: home energy efficiency.

Other tips and support:

  • Action Surrey is an advice service which can assist you to find ways to save money on your fuel bills. They can also check if you are eligible for grants to help make your home more energy efficient, which will help reduce costs.

  • Age UK - energy saving tips
  • British Gas - support package (includes support for non-British Gas customers) 

Energy Price Guarantee

The price cap is being replaced with the Energy Price Guarantee. The Energy Price Guarantee will ensure that a typical household in Great Britain pays an average £2,500 a year on their energy bill, for the next 2 years, from 1 October 2022.

The consumer saving will be based on usage, but a typical household will save at least £1,000 a year (based on current prices from October). 

Full details in the government's energy bills support factsheet


If you’re worried about someone you’ve seen sleeping rough, contact StreetLink.

Information and advice is available if you are worried about becoming homeless.

If you’re worried about keeping your home, contact the Team at Rentstart.

Home repairs and improvements

If you are a homeowner or private tenant whose home is need of repair, improvement or adaptation, you may be eligible for financial assistance to help meet the costs. Find out more about  financial support for home repairs and improvements

Discretionary Housing Payment

Discretionary Housing Payments (DHPs) are short-term payments to help people with their rent if they are experiencing financial hardship. Find out more about  Discretionary Housing Payments.

PA Housing tenants

If you are a PA Housing tenant, the team at  PA Housing are available to help.

More information

Cost of living instalment

Energy rebate mandatory scheme

Services by A-Z