Elmbridge would like to fund community led projects that support our residents through the cost of living crisis and has allocated £200,000 to the Elmbridge cost of living fund, combined with £24,000 generated through the Elmbridge Community Lottery.
Organisations have seen an increased demand for local voluntary, community and faith sector services. The aim of this fund is to enable organisations to meet this demand and help those in most need.
Who it's for
Applications will be accepted from external partners including, not-for-profit organisations, third sector and faith sector organisations operating in Elmbridge that support vulnerable residents including organisations which are registered or unregistered with the Charity Commission and Community Interest Companies.
The funding must only be used to support Elmbridge residents.
Applications will be considered for community programmes, projects or initiatives that demonstrate some, or all of the following criteria:
- proposals for spreading the fund via match funding
- targeted support to families in deprived areas
- increasing support to residents completing benefit applications
- supporting residents in/or at risk of food poverty
- new projects to provide cost of living support to Elmbridge residents who are vulnerable/on benefits
- proposals to find longer term solutions to cost of living issues within the borough
As well as the above, as part of your acceptance of the funding awarded, you will need to include in any literature or publicity the fact that you have been supported by the Elmbridge Cost of Living Fund, together with the Borough Council’s logo.
Information about the project may be publicised on our website and in public material for publicity purposes. Personal information will not be disclosed without the prior agreement from those concerned.
What the fund will not cover
The fund will not accept applications for the following:
- individuals who are not partnered with a voluntary sector group
- support to be provided outside of the Borough of Elmbridge
- activities which are the responsibility of the statutory sector to provide
- medical research
- funding for major capital projects or items (we will support low level equipment costs)
- utility bills
- advancement of any religion or religious group, unless the application is to provide non-religious services to the local community e.g. Foodbank or other similar project which supports the local community irrespective of religion.
- animal welfare
- retrospective requests
- commercial or business activities, but this does not exclude social enterprise
- applications that would be eligible for the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) fund
How much you can apply for
There is no maximum amount any one organisation can apply for. Please indicate on the application form whether you would be prepared to accept a scaled back amount. Clear evidence of need must be provided in the application form.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form:
Cost of Living Fund application form
Return the form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted between 31 January and 21 February 2023.
Applications will be shared with the Cost of Living Steering Group and reviewed by the Council's Management Board.
For more information, see the guidance notes.
After you have applied
Your application will be shared with the Elmbridge Cost of Living Steering Group for their comments and recommendations. The Steering Group is made up of representatives from:
- Elmbridge Borough Council
- Citizens Advice
- Rent start
- Walton Charities
- St Peter’s Church, West Molesey
Elmbridge Borough Council’s Management Board will then assess each application and decide on how funding will be allocated. Their decision is final and there is no right of appeal.
Successful organisations will be asked to provide a six month update to the Cost of Living Steering Group on the outcomes as a result of the fund after payment of the grant.
For more information, please contact the Policy and Performance team on 01372 474398 or email: email@example.com.