Reconsideration and Appeals

If you disagree with our decision on your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Support, you can ask us to review this again, within one month of the date of the decision.  Complete a reconsideration form by registering or logging into your benefits account.

When we have re-assessed your claim and if our decision has not changed, you can make an appeal against our decision.

Housing benefits appeal: please submit an appeal within one month from the date or our reconsideration decision, using our downloadable PDF Benefits Appeal form.

Council tax support appeal: you must make the appeal within two months of the Council's decision notice to the Council Tax Tribunal Service; they can be contacted on 0300 123 1033.


If you need any advice or more information about our decision, please complete the general enquiry form by logging into your benefits account. If you do not have internet access, you can call us on 01372 474474.

You can also receive free, independent advice about benefits from your local Citizens Advice Bureau at Walton on 01932 248660 and at Esher on 01372 464770.

Further information can also be found at The Tribunals Service Website.

Services by A-Z