If you disagree with our decision on your Housing Benefit you have three options:
- ask us for a written explanation of our decision
- ask us to look at our decision again
- make an appeal against our decision to the Tribunals Service
To do one of the above, please contact Claim Support on 01372 474060. Alternatively you can use our downloadable PDF Benefits Appeal form.
If you want us to look at our decision again, you must write us within one month of the date of the decision, clearly stating why you disagree with our decision.
Please quote your reference number in any letters that you send.
If you need any advice or more information about our decision, please email Housing Benefits or call us on 01372 474060.
Remember, you can also receive free, independent advice about benefits from your local Citizens Advice Bureau at Walton on 01932 248660 and at Esher on 01372 464770.
Further information can also be found at The Tribunals Service Website.
Council Tax Support
If you disagree with our decision on your Council Tax Support award:
- you can ask us for a written explanation of decision
- you can ask us to look at our decision again
- you can make appeal directly to the Valuation Tribunal.
If you wish to appeal against our decision to the Valuation Tribunal you must make the appeal within 2 months of the Council's decision notice. The Council Tax Tribunal Service can be contacted on 0300 123 1033 or by email.