Foodbanks offer emergency support to residents who are in food crisis.
If you or someone you know needs help
A referral from a local support agency is needed to access a foodbank.
Local agencies you can contact for help with food include: Citizens Advice, family centres, health visitors, local churches, housing support officers and adult social care.
These agencies will require personal information such as name, address, household size and the reason support is needed. They will then be able to issue you with a food voucher for your local foodbank. Government guidelines surrounding social distancing are implemented for those visiting distribution centres.
Please note that each voucher is for one food parcel only. If further food is required, you’ll need to contact your referring agency again.
There are a number of ways you can support your local foodbank:
You can donate to the Trussell Trust, who look after more than 1,200 foodbank centres across the UK including 4 of our local foodbanks. Donations can be made in the following ways:
If you would like to donate food, money or your volunteering time, please check the Trussell Trust website for details of your local foodbank.
A full list of foodbanks in the Surrey area which includes independent enterprises is available on the Surrey Information Point website.
Local foodbank details
Covers Cobham, Oxshott, Stoke D'Abernon and Downside, East & West Horsley and Effingham.
- Cobham United Church, 38 Stoke Road, Cobham, KT11 3BD: open Tuesdays 12 noon-1.30pm
East Elmbridge foodbank
- St Nicholas' Church Hall, Summer Road, Thames Ditton, KT7 0QQ: open Tuesdays 10am-12 noon.
- Molesey Youth Centre, Ray Road, West Molesey, KT8 2LG: Open Thursdays 10am-12 noon.
Runnymede foodbank (servicing Weybridge)
- St James Church, 27 Church Street, Weybridge, KT13 8DF: open Thursdays 1-3pm
Walton and Hersham foodbank
Distribution centres are open and able to provide food parcels to residents who have been supplied with a voucher. See the Walton and Hersham Foodbank website for more information.
- Hersham: St Peters Church, 1 Burwood Road, Hersham, KT12 4AA: open Wednesdays between 10-12 noon.
- Walton-on-Thames: St Johns Church, The Furrows, Walton on Thames, KT12 3JQ: open Thursdays and Fridays from 10-12 noon.