This accessibility statement applies to Parks Tennis online bookings.
This website is run by Elmbridge Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Venue list drop down is not keyboard accessible
- Homepage image carousel should not move automatically without the means to stop it
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format, please contact the communications team:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in five working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the communications team:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us.
We have an audio induction loop in our main reception.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Elmbridge Borough Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some links may contain no link content or a name/id attribute (WCAG success criterion 4.1.2)
- Some elements may not have enough contrast with the background colour (WCAG success criterion 1.4.3)
- The drop-down list of sites within the authority is not keyboard accessible (WCAG success criterion 2.1.1)
- Some forms throughout the site may be missing labels or missing the “for” attribute (WCAG success criterion 1.3.1)
- Some pages do not have the correct document hierarchy (WCAG success criterion 1.3.1)
- On the authority homepage, the list of venues under the “Where to play” should be coded as a list to match the visual representation (WCAG success criterion 1.3.1)
- Some links need a hover state (WCAG success criterion 1.3.1)
- Some images do not have an alt attribute (WCAG success criterion 1.1.1)
- The homepage carousel should not move automatically without the means of stopping the movement. (WCAG success criterion 2.2.2)
- A site map and table of contents needs to be provided (WCAG success criterion 2.2.5)
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- We use third party scripts for maps and marketing purposes that do not meet accessibility requirements.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We aim to address all the items listed above by December, 2020. The first update will be released during the week starting 21 September 2020 to address the keyboard navigation and colour contrast issues.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on Tuesday 22 September 2020. It was last reviewed on Tuesday 22 September 2020.
This website was last tested on 14 September. It was tested using a combination of manual testing and automated accessibility testing software.