This accessibility statement applies to job adverts (ATS).
This website is run by Elmbridge Borough Council. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible is this website?
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format, please contact the communications team:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in five working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact the communications team:
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
Find out how to contact us.
We have an audio induction loop in our main reception.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Elmbridge Borough Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some PDFs may not be fully accessible. For example, some images in the PDFs may not have alt text.
This fails WCAG success criterion 1.1.1
We will fix this issue by 30 September 2020.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- PDFs and other documents - the accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are fixing issues with PDFs by 30 September 2020.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on Tuesday 22 September 2020. It was last reviewed on Tuesday 22 September 2020.
This website was last tested by our supplier in August 2020.