The Xcel Leisure Complex in Walton-on- Thames is managed by Places Leisure in partnership with Elmbridge Borough Council.
Leisure centre facilities
Facilities at the leisure centre include:
- 25-metre, 8-lane competition swimming pool
- 20-metre teaching pool with spectator viewing
- 12.5-metre-high climbing wall for adults and children from 4 years
- 8 court sports hall (providing badminton, netball, basketball, volleyball, 5-a-side football and cricket nets).
- a full-size floodlit synthetic football pitch which can be divided into thirds for five-a-side/nine-a-side games, and four-changing room pavilion
- 3 glass backed squash courts
- 2 multi-purpose studios
- health and fitness suite with 120 stations
- permanent 3-storey children's soft play area
- crèche for children aged 6 months to 5 years
For information on travel to Xcel, read more on the bus/bike loyalty scheme.
Sports Hub facilities
Football and athletics facilities include:
- 3G floodlit synthetic turf main stadia pitch
- 3G floodlit synthetic turf second pitch
- a full-size grass pitch with the potential for up to 4 mini pitches
- 8 lane floodlit athletics track to UK Athletics standard with field sports area in the centre of the track
- a shared pavilion with dual aspect covered spectator seating for over 500
- a dividable function room with bar and separate kitchen/servery
- 6 changing rooms
- combined football and athletics club room
- a free car park
A children’s playground and dog walking strip is also available at the Hub.
Prices and booking
For information on prices visit:
Football pitch hire
Athletics track hire
Venue hire (Sports Hub Pavilion)
You can find out how to get discounts on leisure centre activities in Elmbridge with a more card.
For information on swimming, workout classes, membership and opening hours, please visit Xcel Leisure Complex or call 01932 260300.
The Xcel Leisure Complex and Sports Hub are on Waterside Drive, Walton-on-Thames.
Resident sports clubs at the Sports Hub
The Xcel Sports Hub provides a home for local football and athletics clubs. To join these clubs or to find out about the opportunities they offer, contact them directly: