The Elmbridge GP referral scheme is run by Places Leisure on behalf of Elmbridge Borough Council at the Xcel Leisure Complex, Walton-on-Thames under COVID-secure conditions.
How can the exercise referral scheme help you?
Exercise has been shown to:
reduce the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis
manage weight, diabetes and depression
lower blood pressure, cholesterol and stress levels
increase muscle strength and joint flexibility
improve self esteem and general mood
How to join the scheme
You can be referred via your GP, consultant, physio or medical practitioner. For a self referral you will need to ask your GP to fill out a referral form.
Please call the Xcel Leisure Complex on 01932 260300 in advance to book your exercise or gym sessions.
For more information:
GP referral (gym linked) classes at centres for the community
- Gym circuits: Cobham for the community, Oakdene Road, Cobham KT11 2LY
Mondays: 2.30pm to 3.30pm
- Seated yoga: Xcel leisure complex, Waterside Drive, Walton-on-Thames KT12 2JG
Wednesday: 4.30pm to 5.30pm
Falls prevention - strength and balance classes at centres for the community and Xcel leisure complex:
- Walton centre for the community, Manor Road, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 2PB Tel. 01932 247549
Mondays: 10am-11am and 11am to 12pm: seated strength and balance.
- Xcel leisure complex, Waterside Drive, Walton-on-Thames KT12 2JG Tel 01932 260300
Thursdays: 10.45am to 11.45am
- Hersham centre for the community, 7 Queens Road, Hersham, KT12 5LU Tel. 01932 246267
Fridays: 10am to 11am: seated strength and balance.
All classes at the centres for the community are £4. For further information, contact Places Leisure on 07765 646592 or email email@example.com