Community Safety Privacy Notice

Who we are

Elmbridge Borough Council are what is known as the ‘Controller’ of any personal data that you provide to us. Our contact details can be seen on the Our Offices page of our website and you can also contact us online. We have a Data Protection Policy in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.

What we need

We only collect any personal data about you that we need in order to fulfil the purpose stated below. The data on the form is the only data that we collect.

Why we need it

The purpose for collecting your data is so that we can administer your request for CCTV footage or to report anti-social behaviour, this includes data supplied in the community trigger form. We're very serious about protecting your privacy and when we ask for information about you, we take all possible steps to keep it safe.

What we do with it

In order to deal with your enquiry, we will need to collect some personal information, including your name and contact details as well as possibly those of people involved in the incident which you are enquiring about.  We may also need to share the information provided with service providers who are in the Surrey Multi-Agency Information Sharing Protocol Agreement. These service providers are obliged to keep your details securely, use them only to fulfil the request and dispose of the information in line with their own retention periods.

How long we keep it

Elmbridge Borough Council will keep the information provided in the form for 12 months from the date of submission (for a CCTV footage request) or 12 months from the date of case closure (for a report of anti-social behaviour) after which time it will be deleted.

You are able to withdraw your request at any point by emailing and our record of your information will be deleted.

What are your rights?

Your rights are outlined in our corporate privacy notice.

If at any point you believe the personal information about you that we process is incorrect you can request to see this information and even have it corrected or deleted.

If you wish to fulfil your rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer and they will investigate the matter and make a decision on what will happen next. You will be notified of this decision and any next steps.

The full details of our Data Protection Officer can be seen in our corporate privacy notice.

If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).

Services by A-Z