Elections will be held on 6 May 2021 for the Surrey Police and Crime Commissioner, Surrey County Council and Elmbridge Borough Council. Register to vote by 19 April 2021, if you’re not already registered.
Polling stations will be safe places to vote
Cleaning, personal protective equipment and social distancing measures will be in place on polling day to ensure that polling stations will be safe.
To keep yourself and others safe on polling day, please:
- wear a face covering inside the polling station
- sanitise your hands using the hand sanitiser provided
- maintain social distancing at all times
- bring your own pen or pencil to mark your ballot paper, if possible.
How will you vote?
- In person - going to the polling station to vote on polling day.
- By post - we will send you a postal voting pack so you can complete your ballot paper at home and return it by post. Apply to vote by post by 5pm on 20 April.
You can apply to vote by post either permanently, or for the elections on 6 May 2021 only.
If you normally vote at your polling station but want to vote by post, you should apply as early as possible.
- By proxy - appointing a person to vote on your behalf at your polling station. Apply to vote by proxy by 5pm on 27 April.
You can visit the Electoral Commission website to find out more about the elections on 6 May 2021. The page will continue to be updated ahead of the polls.