Estimates suggest that UK charities could lose up to a third of their earnings due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With huge fundraising events, such as the London Marathon and Ride London, being cancelled it is not hard to see how the charitable sector has been impacted by the pandemic.
While the government has set out a range of measures to support the third sector, below are some ways you can help:
- Foodbanks: there are four foodbanks serving Elmbridge. If you would like to support any of them please visit their websites for more information.
- Trussell Trust: A financial donation can also be made to the Trussell Trust, who look after more than 1,200 food bank centres across the UK. They provide a minimum of three days emergency food and support to people experiencing crisis.
- The Elmbridge Community Lottery supports 65 local good causes, providing them with a regular income via ticket sales. The Elmbridge Community Lottery website has all the details.
- You can also volunteer by contacting Central Surrey Voluntary Action who have a range of volunteering opportunities.
- Support the Walton Charity COVID-19 response appeal, raising funds to support Elmbridge families affected by the coronavirus crisis. Double the difference, Walton Charity will match fund every donation, up to £100,000.