Drop and Shop - supporting carers with their Christmas shopping
To support carers with Christmas shopping, the teams at the Cobham and Walton centres for the community are offering the opportunity to safely drop off loved ones (for whom they care), for an hour or two so in order to go Christmas shopping. In order to keep everyone safe, the person dropped off will need to be:
- able to mobilise/weight bear independently even if with a walking aid
- independent in the toilet, even if they need a bit of guidance to get to the toilet
- able to drink and eat independently (e.g. cups of tea)
- aged 18 years or over
- can communicate with others to express any needs
- do not need one-to-one care.
The offer is for the person being cared for to join with others in the Cobham or Walton centre for the community to chat over tea/coffee and join in if there are other activities going on that they are interested in whilst they are there (please note: some may have a small charge).
Booking is required.
Cobham Community Centre
Oakdene Rd, Cobham KT11 2LY
10.30am-1.30pm on the following dates:
- Thursday 1 December - candle making workshop available at £5 per person
- Tuesday 6 December
- Thursday 15 December - pantomime can be attended at £5 per person
Telephone booking number: 01932 596 030
Walton Community Centre
Manor Rd, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 2PB
On the following dates:
- Tuesday 6 December 10.30am-2pm
- Friday 16 December 10.30am-1.30pm
Telephone booking number: 01932 247 549
Organised by Elmbridge Borough Council in partnership with NW Surrey Health Alliance.