Elmbridge’s parks and public open spaces are a great place to hold your public event. If you would like to hold an event in one of our parks, you will need to apply for permission online.
From 17 May:
The Government has updated Local Authorities on how events can operate safely. The guidance is detailed and has the safety of the public at its heart.
Event organisers should read the Council's statement regarding the safe return of events in Elmbridge in conjunction with the latest Government guidance before planning any event.
Before applying please ensure you have read the hire pack and conditions of use for open space events and bookings and the information below:
We recommend that you don’t advertise your event until you have gained written confirmation from us that your event can go ahead. It is your responsibility to notify the Police, Environment Agency or other authority if your event requires it.
Please note that we reserve the right to refuse permission and will review suitability for your event if it takes place within one month of another major event at the same venue.
How to apply
- Complete our online application at least three months before your proposed event. We recommend that you submit your application 6 months in advance for small to medium events, and 12 months in advance for large events.
- You will be asked to provide details of the date(s) and times for your event, and your preferred location. You can also upload any supporting information such as a site plan or risk assessment.
- Once your application has been submitted it will be reviewed by our leisure team. You may be asked to provide additional information or more detailed site plans.
- You will be invoiced for your event six weeks before it is due to start.
- Your documents must be approved by us at least 16 days before your event is due to take place. The amount of time taken to check your event documentation will depend on the size and nature of the event.
- When your documents have been approved and your payment has cleared you will be given final approval for your event to take place.
Event planning and safety advice
Read our hire pack and conditions of use for open space events for more information, or see the following resources.