How to report a problem on Desborough Island
Desborough Island, Walton-on-Thames (K12 1QP) is a popular site that sees a high footfall of visitors all year around. The island is owned by a number of landowners.
The island is not a manned site but the landowners work together to carry out patrols routinely to tackle issues and to inform and educate users of the site.
In any emergency or where there is a perceived risk to life always call 999.
Report litter, fly-tipping, picnics, camping and BBQs
Report large scale and hazardous fly-tipping:
Contact the Environment Agency incident hotline on 0800 807060 in case of:
- Large-scale fly-tipping (over 20 tons)
- Organised tipping or criminal business practice
- Drummed hazardous waste
- Where there is an immediate risk to the environment and human health
Report an obstruction to the highway
- Contact Surrey County Council Highways 03456 009 009 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) / email: firstname.lastname@example.org for incidents causing obstructions on bridges or the road
Report anti-social behaviour (ASB) or criminal activity
For bridge jumping, anti-social behaviour that is rowdy, intimidating or aggressive, or criminal activity -
Call Surrey Police:
Report other ASB
Report issues on the river
For obstructions to navigation, unsafe navigation practices on the waterway, overstaying moorings or illegal fishing:
Report fire setting
- Call fire services on 999 in an emergency
- Surrey County Council land - Contact Centre - Telephone 03456 009 009 (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) / email: email@example.com
Map of Desborough Island
The map below shows the land ownership of Desborough Island.