Report an incident

If you are an employer, self-employed or in control of work premises you must report any of the following accidents and ill health at work:

  • work-related accidents resulting in a death

  • specified injuries to workers

  • over seven day incapacitation of a worker

  • non-fatal accidents to members of the public – who are taken to hospital

  • diagnosed cases of certain occupational diseases

  • dangerous occurrences that had the potential to cause harm

  • gas incidents.

Reports can be made direct on the RIDDOR website:

Services by A-Z