If you handle food for public consumption or employ people who do, you have a duty under law to make sure food handlers have sufficient knowledge appropriate to their work activity.
It’s recommended that food handlers such as commis chefs, cooks, catering supervisors, kitchen assistants and bar staff take the Level 2 Award in Food safety in Catering.
We run the Level 2 Highfield Award in Food safety in Catering at the Civic Centre in Esher which covers:
- food poisoning micro-organisms types and sources
- simple microbiology, toxins, spores, growth and death
- premises and equipment
- common food hazards - physical, chemical and microbiological
- personal hygiene - basic rules and responsibilities
- preventing food contamination
- food poisoning, symptoms and causes
- cleaning and disinfection
- legal obligations
- pest control
- effective temperature control of food e.g. storage, thawing, reheating and cooking
Next available course
Due to the ongoing situation with Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are cancelling our planned in house Level 2 Food Hygiene course until further notice.
E-learning courses are still available to book online. Unfortunately, you will not be able to undertake the exam element of certain courses until the situation changes.
We run 4 online food hygiene courses entitled Food Safety in Catering at competitive rates.
For further information, please see our Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
28 days prior to course date a full refund will be given.
14 days prior to course date a 50% refund will be given.
Less than 14 days prior to the course date 100% of the fee is payable.
Alternatively, you can transfer onto the next available course.
If we cancel the course, a full refund will be provided or a transfer to another course will be offered if appropriate.
A fee of £25 is payable for unsuccessful delegates who need to re-sit the examination.