|Skip to content
|Home page
|What's new
|Site map
|Feedback form
|List of access keys
| rating button

How do I apply for Council Tax single occupier discount?

If you are the only adult occupier aged 18 or over living in your home you can |apply on-line for a 25% single occupier discount.

Alternatively, you can |email or |write to us confirming you are the sole adult occupier giving your name and address and Council Tax reference number if known.

Please do not delay claiming or you may have to pay more than you need.

Information sharing and fraud

We must protect public funds and may use the information you give us to prevent and detect fraud. We regularly check existing discount claims. These checks may include talking to your neighbours and other local people. We may also share information with other sections of the Council and organisations approved by the Data Protection Commissioner, including credit reference agencies for the purpose of detecting Council Tax or benefit fraud.

|Back to FAQs list 

Search A-Z of services