Independent living centre

Community Support Services is committed to supporting residents. As such, our Independent Living Centre is continuing to take orders for any residents who need assistive equipment from our Independent Living Catalogue.

The following procedures have been put in place to ensure the safety of clients and staff:

  • Please contact your nearest Centre for the Community to place your order by phone.
  • The team will arrange for your order to be delivered to your home address by a member of our Community Transport Team, who will also collect payment upon delivery.
  • Payment to be made via cash or cheque (made payable to Elmbridge Borough Council) placed in a sealed envelope and handed to the delivery driver upon arrival.    

Do you have elderly parents and worry about them coping on their own?  

Do you struggle with daily tasks or live with a disability? 

We aim to guide you through local services which support residents to live independently in their home. We can signpost you to Adult Social Care services, Elmbridge Borough Council services, local organisations and charities.

We also sell over 50 items of independent living equipment. You can access the independent living catalogue and contact the Independent Living and Support Centre on 01372 474 537 for further information.

Some of our most popular items of independent living equipment are:

  • large pill organiser

  • remote controlled sockets

  • magnifying sheet

  • handy reach grabber

The services directory

An extensive guide has been created which details all services available for the residents of Elmbridge. Please see our services directory and amendments slip. If you would like a hard copy then please contact community support services.

Financial support

Financial concerns have a big impact on our wellbeing and can prevent you from getting support with independent living. Elmbridge has a range of organisations that can help make sure you’re getting the financial support you need:

  • The Citizens Advice Bureau provides free impartial and confidential advice on a range of issues including financial and benefits support. Please visit Citizens Advice West (for residents of Walton, Weybridge and Hersham) or Citizens Advice Esher and District (for all other areas) for more information.
  • CHEER (Concern and Help for East Elmbridge Retired) operate a benefits advice service for Cobham and Stoke D’Abernon, Claygate, Esher, Hinchley Wood, Molesey, Oxshott and Weston Green, along with a range of other services. Their advisers can visit you at your home to discuss your needs, and support with benefit applications. Please visit the CHEER website for further info.
  • Walton Charity provides individual grants to support Elmbridge residents in financial difficulty, along with a range of other services from sheltered accommodation to community allotments. See the Walton Charity website for more details.
  • Walsingham Care provides financial assistance to residents of Elmbridge who are over 60 and living with long term health problems or a disability. Grants can help support with care or to fund equipment to allow you to live independently in your home. 
  • Our benefits and support page has information about Universal Credit, applying for Council Tax Support and Housing Benefit.
  • PA Housing provides a welfare advice service for all their tenants. Further information can be found on the PA Housing website.
  • The Whiteley Village Trust provides benefits advice and support for their residents. Contact their Housing Officer on 01932 842 360 or visit The Whitely Village Trust website.

Services by A-Z