Elmbridge Centres for the Community reopen for hairdressing appointments.
For the wellbeing of our customers, our Centres for the Community are currently closed for general use.
We remain committed to supporting those who rely on our centres, and are arranging for the reopening of our hairdressing salons from the following dates.
- Claygate Centre - Monday-Friday from 27 July
- Cobham Centre - Tuesdays from 20 July
- Hersham Centre - Monday-Friday from 27 July
- Molesey Centre - Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 13 July
- Walton Centre - Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 20 July
- Weybridge Centre - Fridays from 21 August
Salons will be open from 10am to 2pm.
We have put in place a range of processes and procedures to allow for the safe reopening of our hair salons:
- You will need to book an appointment in advance with your hairdresser, or with the team at the Centre. A questionnaire will need to be completed with them as part of the booking process.
- You are asked to arrive promptly and make your way to the designated entrance, if different from the main entrance (signs will direct you to the correct entry point).
- You will be asked to stand back from the door to allow the hairdresser to admit you into the building. Your temperature will also be taken prior to admittance.
- Hairdressers will be wearing full PPE for the duration of your appointment.
To book your appointment, please call the Centre on their usual number below.
If you would like to volunteer to support our meals-on-wheels effort please contact us on 01372 474 552 or email email@example.com. All meals-on-wheels volunteers must have their own car.
Please note that our meals-on-wheels volunteers only visit homes at agreed times.
For more information, please see our Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
We have seven centres across Elmbridge, aiming to promote an active and full life for residents, offering a range of leisure activities and opportunities to learn new skills, including:
- art and craft classes
hairdressing, beauty treatments, reflexology and aromatherapy
three course lunches
tea bar with a selection of cakes and sandwiches
Each centre offers a full programme of events and activities. Please see below for a full list of locations and contact details.
- Cobham Centre for the Community, Oakdene Road, Cobham, KT11 2LY
Tel. 01932 596031
- Claygate Centre for the Community, Elm Road, Claygate, KT10 0EH
Tel. 01372 463476
- Molesey Centre for the Community, Bishop Fox Way, West Molesey, KT8 2AS
Tel. 0208 979 5773
- Thames Ditton Centre for the Community, Mercer Close, Thames Ditton, KT7 0BS
Tel. 0208 398 5921
- Hersham Centre for the Community, 7 Queens Road, Hersham, KT12 5LU
Tel. 01932 246267
- Walton Centre for the Community, Manor Road, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 2PB
Tel. 01932 247549
- Weybridge Centre for the Community, Churchfield Place, Weybridge, KT13 8BZ
Tel. 01932 844391
In order to use the facilities at the centres for the community you are required to hold a valid community discount card. A card will cost £15 for an Elmbridge resident and also entitles you to discounts at selected retailers throughout Elmbridge. You are not restricted to just one centre; you are able to use the facilities of all seven.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org on 01372 474552 for any information about our services or contact the manager of the centre if you wish to visit.
Gardeners under Glass
Get back to nature with the Gardeners under Glass project at Molesey Centre for the Community. The community garden and greenhouse at the centre provide the perfect opportunity to get some fresh air, grow local produce and meet new people in the community. If you would like to become a gardening volunteer, please visit our volunteering webpages.
We welcome people of all abilities to come down to the centre and see what's going on.
Please contact the Molesey Centre Manager on 0208 979 5773 for further information.