Services now available from our seven Centres for the Community
In line with the Government's published roadmap out of lockdown in England, and easing of restrictions from Monday 19 July 2021, we are providing an update on what our Centres will now offer.
Centres are already providing hairdressing, podiatry, physiotherapy, reflexology, beauty treatments and bathing services, all by appointment and operating in a COVID secure way.
Centres continue to offer coffee and chat sessions, both mornings and afternoons, for small groups on a pre-booked basis and subject to assessment by the Centre Manager. Opportunities to meet socially are usually held in the Centre’s Community Cafe but may also be outdoors, weather permitting, and at those Centres where we have safe garden or patio space.
Support groups, including Elmbridge Dementia Services and Cobham Link, have been welcomed back to Centres, as have a number of regular hirers.
Hersham, Molesey, Walton and Cobham Centres are now able to offer three course lunches on a pre-booked basis. Places will continue to be limited for the time being to allow for the opportunity to exercise social distancing and ensure a safe environment.
Each Centre will continue to take appropriate measures to ensure that these services are provided safely both within the context of the space available in our buildings and their grounds and for the benefit of all our service users, volunteers and staff.
Over the course of the remainder of the summer, and looking forward to the autumn, we shall be:
- working with tutors to bring back and develop a range of physical activity programmes and fitness classes.
- regularly reviewing the capacity Centres have to offer, and gradually increase, opportunities for people to meet socially, have fun and enjoy entertainment, including expanding the numbers we can cater for at Centre lunches; and,
- ensuring our Centres and the services we offer remain safe.
We shall provide a further update on Centre services at the beginning of September. In the meantime, please contact your local Centre for the Community for more detail about the services now on offer, as well as plans for the future. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Claygate Centre for the Community: 01372 463 476
- Cobham Centre for the Community: 01932 596 031
- Hersham Centre for the Community: 01932 246 267
- Molesey Centre for the Community: 0208 979 5773
- Thames Ditton Centre for the Community: 0208 398 5921
- Walton Centre for the Community: 01932 247 549
- Weybridge Centre for the Community: 01932 844 391
If you would like to volunteer to support our meals-on-wheels service please contact us on 01372 474 552 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All meals-on-wheels volunteers must have their own car.
Please note that our meals-on-wheels volunteers only visit homes at agreed times.
For more information see our Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
We have seven centres across Elmbridge, aiming to promote an active and full life for residents, offering a range of leisure activities and opportunities to learn new skills, including:
- art and craft classes
hairdressing, beauty treatments, reflexology and aromatherapy
three course lunches
tea bar with a selection of cakes and sandwiches
Each centre offers a full programme of events and activities. Please see below for a full list of locations and contact details.
- Cobham Centre for the Community, Oakdene Road, Cobham, KT11 2LY
Tel. 01932 596031
- Claygate Centre for the Community, Elm Road, Claygate, KT10 0EH
Tel. 01372 463476
- Molesey Centre for the Community, Bishop Fox Way, West Molesey, KT8 2AS
Tel. 0208 979 5773
- Thames Ditton Centre for the Community, Mercer Close, Thames Ditton, KT7 0BS
Tel. 0208 398 5921
- Hersham Centre for the Community, 7 Queens Road, Hersham, KT12 5LU
Tel. 01932 246267
- Walton Centre for the Community, Manor Road, Walton-on-Thames, KT12 2PB
Tel. 01932 247549
- Weybridge Centre for the Community, Churchfield Place, Weybridge, KT13 8BZ
Tel. 01932 844391
In order to use the facilities at the centres for the community you are required to hold a valid community discount card. A card will cost £16 for an Elmbridge resident and also entitles you to discounts at selected retailers throughout Elmbridge. You are not restricted to just one centre; you are able to use the facilities of all seven.
Please contact email@example.com on 01372 474552 for any information about our services or contact the manager of the centre if you wish to visit.
Gardeners under Glass
Get back to nature with the Gardeners under Glass project at Molesey Centre for the Community. The community garden and greenhouse at the centre provide the perfect opportunity to get some fresh air, grow local produce and meet new people in the community. If you would like to become a gardening volunteer, please visit our volunteering webpages.
We welcome people of all abilities to come down to the centre and see what's going on.
Please contact the Molesey Centre Manager on 020 8979 5773 for further information.