The Elmbridge Digital High Street Fund (EDHSF) offers grants to help independent high street retailers establish or upgrade e-commerce websites.
You can apply for a grant of up to 50% of the eligible costs, up to a maximum of £1,500.
The funding is available to independent high street retailers located within the defined primary or secondary frontage of our town centres and high streets. Special consideration can also be given to ‘in town’ applications from independent retailers with shop frontage not in Primary or Secondary locations. This will be at the discretion of the board.
The following projects are ineligible
- websites which will not have an e-commerce function
- services e.g. digital coaching/consultancy
- maintenance of existing digital technology
- domain name
- website hosting as a stand-alone cost
- paid advertising e.g. Google AdWords, Facebook etc.
Applying for funding
Once completed, please send your application either by post to the Policy and Performance team or email it to email@example.com.
Key information to include with your application
- Three comparable quotes for the project (including one from an Elmbridge-based supplier - Please note that only UK based suppliers can be considered)
- Outline of your current website and online presence
- Clearly detail the expected benefits to your business
- Sustainability action plan to mitigate any negative environmental impact that an increase in e-commerce sales may have
Key points to remember
- We are required to carry out business rates and Licensing background checks as part of your application
- If your business is VAT registered and the expenditure would be used for the supply of VAT-eligible goods or services then the grant would be made excluding VAT
- Applications are for one-off grants only. Each applicant is limited to one successful grant
- Grants cannot cover the cost of any professional fees or ongoing costs (e.g. annual fees)
- Projects which have commenced prior to award of a grant are ineligible
- All applications are assessed on an individual basis so the percentage award may vary
- Grant payment is made following completion of the project
If you require any further information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.