National lockdown grant
Closing date for applications
Applications for the 44-day period from 16 February 2021 to 31 March 2021 closed on 31 May 2021.
Amounts for this period:
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,000 or under, grant of £2,096
- For properties with a rateable value of £15,001 - £50,999, grant of £3,143
- For properties with a rateable value of £51,000 and over, grant of £4,714
- Businesses that are eligible are those that have been mandated to close by Government and include non-essential retail, leisure, personal care, sports facilities and hospitality businesses.
- Businesses that are not insolvent, in liquidation or in administration, will be eligible to receive a grant if they are still trading and operating.
- Businesses must have been trading on 4 January 2021
- If a business is required to close its main, in-person service but adapts its business to operate takeaway, click and collect or online with delivery services, it will be considered closed and be eligible to receive grants under this scheme because its substantive business must close. (If the main business was already operating as a takeaway, the business would not be eligible as their main substantive business has not been required to close).