Elmbridge discretionary re-opening grant scheme for business ratepayers
Updated: 8 July 2021
On 8 July 2021, an addendum to the Elmbridge Discretionary Re-Opening Business Grant Scheme was published. Eligible businesses have been contacted by email on 8 July 2021.
Elmbridge Discretionary Re-Opening Business Grant Scheme addendum.
- Specific business types are eligible for "top-up" grants payments (detailed in the addendum)
- Grants are for ratepayers and non-ratepayers who received Restart or Re-Opening grants, both of which closed on 30 June 2021
- Payment will be made by the end of day on 9 July 2021
- Any business in the process of assessment will receive the top-up payment at the same time as the restart or re-opening grant.
- No new grant applications will be considered.
COVID-19 business support grants are subject to subsidy allowance. Subsidy rules are applied at the level of economic actor, defined as an entity or a group of entities constituting a single economic entity regardless of its legal status (for example, in a group of companies each be a legal entity, but could be considered as an economic actor in aggregate), that is engaged in an economic activity by offering goods or services on a market. COVID-19 business support grants are covered by 3 subsidy allowances:
- Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance – your business is allowed up to £335,000 over any period of 3 years
- COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance – your business is allowed up to £1,600,000
- COVID-19 Business Grant Special Allowance - if your business has reached the limits under the Small Amounts of Financial Assistance Allowance and COVID-19 Business Grant Allowance, you may be able to access a further allowance of funding under these scheme rules of up to £9,000,000, provided certain conditions are met and evidence provided.
Grants under these 3 allowances can be combined for a potential total allowance of up to £10,935,000. These figures are as a guide only and could change depending on exchange rates.
It is up to each individual applicant to comply with the subsidy rules, and provide evidence of compliance when requested.
Funding paid to companies who have exceeded the subsidy limits will be recoverable. Please read the full policy for greater detail, and/or seek advice from your accountant, we cannot provide individual advice on compliance with subsidy limits.