|Skip to content
|Home page
|What's new
|Site map
|Feedback form
|List of access keys
| rating button

Make a Planning Application

Apply for planning permission on the |Planning Portal. This page will explain what you need to do to make a planning application in Elmbridge

Steps to take

  1. Check you require planning permission and get advice.
  2. Find the right application form.
  3. Check what you need to submit.
  4. Submit your application and pay fees.

Step 1 - Check if you require planning permission and get advice

At Elmbridge we offer a number of ways you can get advice and find out about what you can do without the need to apply for permission.

|Get advice before applying

Step 2 - Find the right application form

There are a variety of types of planning application with their own forms. By answering the questions on the National Planning Portal you will be guided to the correct form for your application which you can complete online or print and send in the post.

|Forms on the Planning Portal

Step 3 - Check what you need to submit

To prevent avoidable delays or refusals, you must ensure that your application submission is accompanied with all necessary reports to meet policy requirements. Failure to provide everything needed, will result in your application remaining invalid.

|Check our validation checklist here

Step 4 - Submit your application and pay fees

The easiest and quickest way to submit your application is to use the |Planning Portal website, where you can make your application and payment online. If you don't want to use the Planning Portal you can |print a form and apply by post.


Other Information

|Buy a Location Plan

|Official UK Register of Architects

Search A-Z of services