How do you rate this information /service?
Core Strategy DPD - Post Submission
What was the consultation all about?
The Elmbridge Core Strategy was submitted to the Planning Inspectorate for examination on 31 March 2010. Find out more about the |Core Strategy Submission. The public hearing sessions were due to start at the end of September 2010. However in May 2010, the new coalition Government was elected and rapidly introduced reforms to the planning system which include the revocation of Regional Strategies. These reforms had implications for the content, and potentially the 'soundness' of the submitted Elmbridge Core Strategy.
The purpose of this consultation was to offer people the opportunity to comment those parts of the submitted Core Strategy that are affected by the changes to the planning system introduced by the Government. The key areas of consideration were:
- Setting a local target and distribution for housing delivery; and
- Setting a local pitch requirement for Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Show people.
The consultation document set out the Council's proposed targets and the justification for these. In addition to these two key areas, it was also necessary to make minor editorial changes throughout the document in order to provide clarity and consistency. Although these are not considered material to the content of the Core Strategy comments were also invited on these, which were available within a separate schedule. The consultation ran for a 4-week period from Monday 6 September to Monday 11 October 2010.
The Core Strategy examination was held in abeyance for six months to allow for this consultation to take place and any changes to the plan to be made.
How can you view the document and the results?
You can view the document in full along with the details of the minor editorial changes and the public notice:
- View the page turner version: |Elmbridge Core Strategy Post Submission Consultation: Setting a local housing target.
- View the PDF version : |Elmbridge Core Strategy Post Submission Consultation: Setting a local housing target (PDF)
What other documents were available for consultation?
- View the |Schedule of Post Submission Minor Amendments due to the Revocation of RSS and Amendments to Planning Policy Statement 3: Housing.
- View the public notice for this consultation: |Notice of Post Submission consultation on the Elmbridge Core Strategy: Setting a local housing target (including provision for Gypsies, Travellers and Travelling Show people and other minor amendments following the revocation of Regional Spatial Strategies)
The Paper was also accompanied by a |Sustainability Appraisal/ Strategic Environmental Assessment (SA/SEA) Progress Report which was undertaken in order to assess a number of alternative scenarios with regards to setting the most appropriate housing target for the Borough.
The Core Strategy examination has been held in abeyance for six months to allow for this consultation to take place and any changes to the plan to be made. Now that this has been carried out, the examination process will resume. Following consideration of the responses made to the consultation, and following the reinstatement of Regional Spatial Strategies (RSS), a further submission was made to the Inspector on 16 December 2010. Details can be found on the |Core Strategy Submission page.