Proof of residence and vehicle ownership
To issue a parking permit we will need to see proof of residence and vehicle ownership, you will need to provide one item from each of the lists below.
Proof of vehicle ownership showing the address the permit will be issued for:
- Vehicle Registration Document
- Motor Insurance Document
Proof of residence showing the address the permit will be issued for
- V5 log book
- Driving licence
- Council tax bill
- Utility bill no more than 3 months old
- Benefits agency statement
- Pension book
- Tenancy Agreement (not more than 3 months old and signed by you and landlord)
- Solicitor's Completion Letter (if property purchased within last 3 months)
If you upload your evidence with your application before 5:30pm you can park your car the next day.
If you upload your evidence with your application after 5:30pm you can park your car two days later.
If you cannot upload proofs, they must be supplied within 14 days and you will not be able to park until you have received your permit.
If you would like to apply for a resident car park permit or off peak resident car permit, please download the required application form below:
Payment and restrictions
The first permit is £50, subsequent permits are £75 each.
The number of permits issued to a household is limited and will be calculated by the number of vehicles registered minus the number of off street spaces at that property.
Terms & conditions
These Terms & Conditions are for the operation of Resident Permits, Resident Parking Places and Controlled Parking Zones.
- The Council will cancel and invalidate the Permit if it is deliberately misused, altered or defaced.
- The Permit is only valid for the vehicle registration detailed on the Permit, whilst the vehicle and resident are registered at the address provided at the time of application.
- A Penalty Charge Notice may be issued to any vehicle when parked incorrectly within the Residents' Scheme, and for the improper use of a Permit.