Elmbridge Active Everyday Physical Activity Strategy 2015 - 2020
Did you know that 63.3% of people in the UK and 45.7% of Elmbridge residents are physically inactive (i.e. doing less than 30 mins of moderate intensity exercise per week) and that 33% of men and 45% of women (UK) are not sufficiently active for good health*?
The Elmbridge Active Every Day Physical Activity Strategy 2015 - 2020 was launched to show Elmbridge's vision and direction to increase physical activity in the coming years. The strategy explores new ways of integrating physical activity to get people more active in everyday life by creating opportunities where people already spend their time - in the workplace, at school, home and at community facilities.
The strategy is looking at how the wide range of networks available locally could be used further to increase levels of activity. It has been developed in consultation with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, including community groups, governing bodies, leisure providers, members of the public and coaches.*Sport England data (2014)
Elmbridge Active Everyday's Vision:
Work with partners to increase levels of physical activity within Elmbridge by 1% year on year
- To increase levels of physical activity throughout the Borough
- Focus on certain areas of low levels of physical activity within the Borough
- Promote the benefits of achieving a healthy and active lifestyle
- Widen access to physical activity opportunities for all residents
3 main themes: Start Moving, Move Every Day, Stay Moving
- |Start Moving:Support children and young people to have an active start in life
- |Move Every Day: Encourage adults to build activity into their everyday lives
- |Stay Moving: Support older adults to live longer and lead more active lives
The strategy brings together key partners specialising in sport, health and physical activity who will review the implementation annually and make forward recommendations for the coming year
Please |download the Elmbridge Active Everyday Physical Activity Strategy 2015 - 2020 in brief for a snapshot of the full strategy.
For more information please contact the |Sports Development Officer