The Borough's Play Areas
There are currently 31 play areas across the Borough either attached to recreation grounds, or in other open spaces. Depending on the site, the equipment and facilities can include multi-activity units with slides, bridges and tunnels; swings, spring toys, aerial runways, see saws, roundabouts, sand pits and paddling pools. Some areas are suitable for under 5s and some sites are enhanced with floor graphics such as hopscotch and snake trails. Most play areas have a picnic table and benches. All equipment is on wet safety surfacing for added safety and all except two areas are enclosed with dog proof fencing. All areas and equipment are subject to regular safety inspections by a team of qualified staff.
Find your nearest play area
Use the links below - or our interactive map below right - or use the link below the map to visit My Neighbourhood and search local to your postcode
|Cobham Recreation Ground, Lushington Drive, KT11 2AY
|Downside, Downside Road, Cobham KT11 3NA
|Leg Of Mutton Field, Downside Bridge Road, Cobham KT11 1AQ
|Littleheath Recreation Ground, Waverley Road, Stoke D'Abernon, Cobham
|Station Road Recreation Ground, Station Road, Stoke D'Abernon, Cobham
|Stoke D'Abernon Recreation Ground, Stoke Road, Stoke D'Abernon, Cobham KT11 3PS
|Coronation Recreation Ground, Molesey Road, Hersham KT12 4QR
|Hersham Green, Burwood Road, Walton on Thames KT12 4AA
|Hersham Recreation Ground, Pratts Lane, Hersham, Walton on Thames
|Vaux Crescent Open Space, Burwood Road, Hersham
|Graburn Way Open Space, Graburn Way, East Molesey KT8 9AL
|Grovelands Recreation Ground, Walton Road, West Molesey KT8 2EB
|Hurst Meadows Open Space, Hurst Road, West Molesey
|Hurst Park Open Space, Sadlers Ride, West Molesey KT8 1SU
|Molesey Hurst Recreation Ground, Molesey Hurst Recreation Ground, East Molesey KT8 1PD
|Neilsons Field Open Space, The Wilderness, Molesey Park Road
|West Molesey Recreation Ground, Walton Road
Walton on Thames
|Elmgrove Recreation Ground, Highfield Road, Walton on Thames KT12 2RQ
|Riverhouse Gardens, Sullivans Reach, Manor Road, Walton on Thames
|Thamesmead Open Space, Felix Road, Walton on Thames KT12 2SH
|Thrupps Lane Open Space, Thrupps Lane, Walton on Thames KT12 4NF
|Brooklands Community Park, Wellington Way, Weybridge KT13 0XF
|Churchfields Recreation Ground, Churchfield Road, Weybridge KT13 8DB
|Cricket Way Open Space, Cricket Way, Weybridge KT13 9LP
|Oatlands Recreation Ground, Oatlands Drive, Weybridge KT13 8NA
Teen Play Equipment
Look out for...
- The recently refurbished play areas at Giggs Hill Field, Thames Ditton and West End Recreation Ground, Esher completed in 2012
- The new Playbuilder equipment funded by Play England at Elmgrove and Grovelands Recreation Grounds, completed in March 2011.
- The new play equipment at George Froude, Walton on Thames and Littleheath Recreation Ground, Oxshott. These projects were funded by Big Lottery to improve play opportunities for children and young people.
- New Play Areas are also sometimes provided under planning agreements, examples in recent years include:-
- |Cricket Way
- |Brooklands Community Park
Play Area Improvements 2015
During the early part of this year, the following works are to be scheduled:
- Elmgrove Recreation Ground - new replacement Junior Multi Unit and Roundabout, safety surface refurbishments and additional connecting paths
- Long Ditton Recreation Ground - new replacement Junior and Toddler Multi Units and Toddler Springer
- Giggs Hill Field, Grovelands and Oatlands Recreation Grounds - new connecting paths
- Lower Green and Claygate Recreation Grounds - path refurbishments
- Claygate, Grovelands, Lower Green, Lynwood Road and Oatlands Recreation Grounds, Hersham Green, Riverhouse Gardens, Thamesmead and Vaux Crescent Open Spaces - safety surface refurbishments
These improvements will necessitate the full closure of each area, due warning of which will be provided on site, we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Contact our |Green Spaces Team.