If you handle food for public consumption or employ people who do, you have a duty under law to make sure you, or they, have sufficient knowledge appropriate to their work activity.
It’s recommended that food handlers such as commis chefs, cooks, catering supervisors, kitchen assistants and bar staff take the HABC Level 2 Award in Food safety in Catering (QGFC)
We run the HABC Level 2 Award in Food safety in Catering (QGFC) at our council, offices which covers
- food poisoning micro-organisms types and sources
- simple microbiology, toxins, spores, growth and death
- premises and equipment
- common food hazards - physical, chemical and microbiological
- personal hygiene - basic rules and responsibilities
- preventing food contamination
- food poisoning, symptoms and causes
- cleaning and disinfection
- legal obligations
- pest control
- effective temperature control of food e.g. storage, thawing, reheating and cooking
Next course is: Wednesday 8 February 2017 at the Civic Centre, High Street, Esher, KT10 9SD.
The course costs £75 per candidate, for group booking of more than 5 candidates there is a 10% discount.
We also run 4 online Food Hygiene Courses in Food Safety in Catering at competitive rates.
28 days prior to course date a full refund will be given.
14 days prior to course date a 50 % refund will be given.
Less than 14 days prior to the course date 100 % of the fee is payable.
Alternatively you can transfer onto the next available course.
If we cancel the course, a full refund will be provided or a transfer to another course will be offered if appropriate.
A fee of £10.50 shall be payable for unsuccessful delegates who need to re-sit the examination.