Noise Action Week 20-24 May 2013
Noise Action Week is a national campaign coordinated by Environmental Protection UK aiming to raise awareness of the problems caused by neighbour noise and the solutions available to tackle it.
This year the Environmental Health & Licensing Team are supporting a week of "noise action" along with partner agencies highlighting issues of noise and a range of practical solutions. If you have a noise query or are bothered by noise, please join in.
- Monday 20 May - live tweeting with Chris Day from Mediation North Surrey. Tweet any questions you may have |on mediation between 12 noon and 1pm to |@ElmbridgeBC and Chris will reply.
- Tuesday 21 May - live tweeting between 12noon and 1pm on the Council's award winning |Online Noise Toolkit that supports residents and businesses deal with noise 24/7. Tweet any questions you may have to |@ElmbridgeBC and officers from the Pollution Service will reply.
- Wednesday 22 May - EH&L and Elmbridge Housing Trust as part of their "|partnership in noise" will be visiting Vicarage Fields, St Johns and Houston Road, three of the Trusts estates, in a double decker bus promoting issues of noise and a variety of practical solutions to the Trusts tenants. Over 18's attending can enter a free competition for the chance to win a Sony Cyber-shot WX60 16.2 mega pixel camera, donated by Sony Europe Ltd. There will be refreshments plus entertainment for children.
10:30am to 12noon Houston Road, Thames Ditton
12:30am to 2pm - St Johns Drive, Walton on Thames
2:30am to 4pm - Vicarage Fields, Walton on Thames
- Thursday 23 May - in partnership with the Boroughs Pubwatch members officers from the EH&L team will be visiting the boroughs pubs, clubs and bars promoting the award winning |Noise Code for Licensed Premises that seeks to establish a standard of excellence in the management of noise from participating premises as well as Pubwatch membership.
- Friday 24 May - live tweeting between 12noon and 1pm on the recently introduced |"Out of Hours" Enforcement Servicethat sees officers from the EH&L working in partnership with Surrey Police dealing with noise , as well as taxi and alcohol licensing issues on a Saturday night between 8:30pm on a Saturday through to 3:00am on Sunday mornings. Any questions to |@ElmbridgeBC
Event Summary and DirectionsType of Event: Environment
Date: 20 May 2013 - 24 May 2013
Starts at: 08:00 Ends at: 18:00
Last Updated: 8/5/2013 2:01:30 PM